Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why am I not more domestic?


I have come to terms with it. I am not domestic or crafty. I probably never will be. How many Super Saturdays have I been there feeling like it is Stupid Saturday and wondering how long that the crappy uneven blanket I made would sit in the closet until I got rid of it. I don't scrap. I don't stitch. I didn't even blog until last week. Whenever I go out with the Johnston clan, instead of hanging out with the ladies in the kitchen, I end up doing all of the paint balling and waterfall jumping with the boys.

But I think I am okay with it. I was talking to my friend Melissa's mom today and she said she didn't become domestic until the last few years. So I think there is hope. So for all of you out there that think a grilled cheese sandwich is dinner... for those of you who have jumped off ten different 30 foot waterfalls but have never used a glue gun... and the only thing you made in your entire house has misshapen words and uneven borders... RISE UP AND JOIN TOGETHER WITH ALL THE WOMEN THAT AREN'T....

Rolls! I cook great Rolls. Whewwhh! I was starting to freak out a little.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Carly! Good to hear from ya!:)

Crazy how we have the same family members...who would have thought?!

Glad you are blogging, it's a fun way to keep in touch!

It's ok not to be "domestic" by the way, just be you and all is well!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

You are a crack up Carly:) Yeah, who cares if you are not "crafty" in the sense of domestics....you are crafty in other way:) haha. Anyway, I scrap but that is about it and anytime you wanna come over and scrap with me, I am all for it!!! I will teach you everything I know. Which is not a lot. Maybe you can teach me how to make those rolls:)

Unknown said...

HA HA Car that is way too funny! I'm not crafty either, in fact I have that domestically disabled picture on my fridge and it has been there for almost six years. HA HA! I guess it's to remind Paul not to expect anything too exciting for dinner.

Kalli said...

oh Car you kill me I have never thought you weren't domestic...and rolls are a great thing to know how to make seriously I feel so demestic knowing I can make a good roll that I don't think I need to learn anything else LOL

Jill T said...

C, C, C. I laughed very hard at your post. I think you know me well enough to know that I am NO CRAFTER. We are kindred spirits my dear.

I'm so glad that you:

1. have a blog
2. bake rolls (whew--what a relief!)
3. have a new job--I'll definitely be a customer.

SandiKay said...

HA! If you start a club can I join? You saw my disaster at "Stupid Saturday" which by the way thanks for coming to my rescue!

Kate said...

Are you saying you didn't enjoy my Fabulous Friday. . Hahaha. . . . J/K I am only domestic on certain days of the week. Check out my blog & text me!!!

Brittany said...

You are hilarious....especially because you have cooked some really awesome stuff that I have personally had the pleasure of eating!! Love you!!

Linley and Austin said...

Hey Carly :) Just wanted to say hi and tell ya that starting your own business is way beyond being domestic :) Feel good knowing that most people could never do that sort of thing :) Those tutus are adorable! Good luck with it!

Nicole M said...

Carly!! Hey, it's Nicole (Sonnenberg) Maughan from Clayton. I saw your name when I was making a comment on Regans blog and was like "I wonder if that's Carly from Clayton"...sure enough, it is! Great to see you. I didn't know what you were up to, but it's fun to see pics of you and your husband. Looks like you're happy and doing well. Great to "see" you!

About Me

My photo
Eric and Carly got married on September 25th 2004. But we have been in love for a lot longer. Carly grew up in American Fork, Utah. Eric grew up in Pocatello, Idaho. We have been to over 10 countries together and continue to travel... a lot. We love it. We own two businesses. Eric started a production company - SunnyDay Entertainment - and has worked on over 25 film and a lot more commercials and other videos. We just started another business - Allegro Wear, www.allegrowear.com - and we sell the cutest Dance clothes, shoes and Yoga Wear. We have a baby named Mia. She is a Yorkie. Carly still acts doing film and on occasion theater. Eric is a talented photographer and loves to write as well.